- LISWire: Marvin Memorial Library Live on Evergreen joins COOL
- LISWire: Library Journal and NoveList Announce the LibraryAware Community Award Recipients
- LISWire: Media Alert: Brill’s Journal of Early American History now included in SCOPUS
On Saturday, Walt Crawford, friend to many of us, foe to the absolutist, “library voice of the radical middle,” author, blogger, lover of stone fruit and old movies and the Lovin’ Spoonful, and probably the foremost expert on blogs by library people in the English-speaking world, announced that he had lost his job and that he might thus not be able to go to ALA this year or to continue Cites & Insights.
Library Society of the World/LSW has taken up the charge, and will attempt to raise funds to send Walt to ALA, with any extra money going toward Cites & Insights.
Since Saturday night, when we first announced this project, 26 people have so far donated $815. If you’d like to help out (I figure this will get Walt to Washington, D.C. and lodged for a bit, but he might want to get back to California at some point), you can send your contributions
* to me via PayPal (my account is newrambler at gmail dot com)
* to me by check (Laura Crossett, Send Walt to ALA Fund,
PO Box 85, Meeteetse, WY 82433)
* directly to Walt via the PayPal button on Cites & Insights