Cites & Insights 5:11, October 2005 is now available for downloading.
I like to think of this as a nice short 20-page issue accompanied by feedback and followups on "Investigating the Biblioblogosphere," but that brings the actual issue up to 26 pages.
Here's what's there--and those who detest PDF can reach each essay separately, in HTML form, from the C&I home page.
- Net Media: Google, Wikis and Media Hacks: Lots on Google (and Yahoo!), less on Wikipedia, Meredith Farkas' remarkable ALA wiki, and more.
- The Censorware Chronicles: Because it's been more than a year.
- Perspective: Future Libraries: Dreams, Madness & Reality, 10 Years Later: The "self-review" I promised earlier this year.
- PC Progress, March-September 2005: 30 reviews in a dozen categories.
- Trends & Quick Takes: Five brief essays and five really brief Quicker Takes.
- Followups & Feedback: A summary of what's been said about "Investigating the Biblioblogosphere," with some notes on likely changes "If There Is A Next Time"--and a couple of entirely separate items.